Call us now on 01665 720456 to reserve your room...
So, when faced with so many choices about where to stay, how can you be sure you're not 'taking a chance' when you come to stay at St Cuthbert's House? Well...
- The Good Hotel Guide - the most authoritative, independent source of good places to stay - declared us 'Best B&B in Britain' in their 2018 Guide.
- We won VisitEngland's 'Best B&B in England' mantle in 2014 and again in 2017, and also won Silver and Bronze Awards at their ceremonies in 2015 & 2016.
- We have a coveted 5-Star Gold rating from VisitEngland - the highest they award.
- We've won at the North-East Tourism Awards every year 2009-2017.
- We're No 1 on Tripadvisor in our area, and all but a tiny number of reviewers say they would recommend us. We've been awarded Tripadvisor's coveted 'Certificate of Excellence' for several consecutive years and are now in their Hall of Fame.
- We've been listed in the Sunday Times' 'Ultimate Hotel Guide' and also in the Independent '50 Best B&B's'.
- We have retained our Gold Award from the Green Tourism Business Scheme every year since 2008, because we champion our local producers and suppliers.
- We know that several guests (twelve, and counting) have BOUGHT the same bed they slept in here, because it was so comfortable!
So you can see that not only do WE love what we do, but so do our guests too.
The prices below are our room rates, (per room, not per person) which of course include your sumptuous breakfast. Please note that these preferential rates assume that you're booking directly with us (via any of the Book Online Now links on our own website, or by phone). Please be aware that you could well pay more if booking via certain 'agency' sites, because they charge hefty commissions. It's always best (without exception!) to book via our own website - use the link below - or by phone.
During the summer season we are usually only able to make a booking for two or more nights, unless you are arriving on foot or by bicycle. But we do occasionally have a one-night space, and we're pleased to fill them - so if you need just one night, do please give us a call to check availability, because single-night availability may not be shown online.
Double or Twin Room:
£130 per night
Single Occupancy of a Double Room:
We don't have any Single rooms at St Cuthbert's House, and whilst we're very happy to welcome you as a single traveller, unfortunately 'supply and demand' means we must apply significant single supplements at all but the very quietest times of year.
Winter 2017: 29 Oct - 22 Feb 2018. Our standard Single B&B rate - £65 per night
Spring 2018: 23 Feb - 10 May. £110 per night (including seasonal single supplement)
Summer 2018: 11 May - 30 Sept. £130 per night (Single-occupancy of a double room during the premium summer season is the full room rate.)
Autumn 2018: 1 Oct - 3 Nov. £110 per night (including seasonal single supplement)
Winter 2018: 4 Nov - 21 Feb 2019. Our standard Single B&B rate - £65 per night
You can book online at these same preferential prices. Or, call us now on 01665 720456 to book...
If you should get our answering machine, please leave your name and number; we promise to call you back as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call us - Jeff and Jill Sutheran - on 01665 720456
Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions, which are available to read and download here.
Below is a summary of our cancellation policy - which is terrribly unimportant unless something unforeseen befalls you. We do recommend You consider insuring against the possibility of cancellation.
We are a small business, so cancellations can have a big impact on us, especially if we have turned away potential guests in favour of someone who has already booked and who then cancels. We do, however, appreciate that unforeseen circumstances can intervene, and we try to be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases.
If you cancel more than two weeks before your intended check-in date, then your booking deposit will be retained. (Your booking deposit is nominally 'non-refundable' but we will always do our best to accommodate your needs should they change, and if we can re-let your room and give it back to you, then we will - minus a modest admin charge. We have no desire or intention to 'profit' from your cancellation.)
If you cancel at any time within two weeks of your intended check-in date, then we will do our very best to re-let your room. If we are unable to do so, you will be required to pay for any nights which have not been re-let.
If You fail to arrive at St Cuthbert's House to take up Your booked accommodation ('no-show') then you will remain liable for the total cost of Your booking.
We hope you’ll consider this fair, for everyone.