Call us now on 01665 720456 to reserve your room...
So, when faced with so many choices, how can you be sure you're not 'taking a chance' when you come to stay at St Cuthbert's House? Well...
- We won VisitEngland's 'Best B&B in England' mantle in 2014, and have also won Silver and Bronze Awards at their ceremonies in 2015 & 2016!
- We have a 5-Star Gold rating from VisitEngland - the highest they award.
- We've won at the North-East Tourism Awards every year between 2009-2015, and at the most recent ceremony we won TWO Gold Awards.
- We're No 1 on Tripadvisor in our area, and 99% of reviewers say they would recommend us - and we've been awarded Tripadvisor's coveted 'Certificate of Excellence' for several consecutive years and are now in their Hall of Fame.
- We've been listed in the Sunday Times' 'Ultimate Hotel Guide' and also in the Independent '50 Best B&B's'.
- We have retained our Gold Award from the Green Tourism Business Scheme every year since 2008, because we champion our local producers and suppliers.
- We know that several guests (eleven, and counting) have BOUGHT the same bed they slept in here, because it was so comfortable!
- We're in the Good Hotel Guide (where you can't buy an entry)
So you can see that not only do WE love what we do, but so do our guests too.
Here are our room rates, which of course include your sumptuous breakfast. Please note that these preferential rates assume a stay of at least two nights, and that you're booking directly with us (via any of the Book Online Now links on our own website, or by phone). Please be aware that you could well pay more if booking via certain 'agency' sites, because they charge hefty commissions. It's always best to book direct with us (and with any other small independent place you're staying - spread the word!)
During the summer season we are usually only able to make a booking for two or more nights, unless you are arriving on foot or by bicycle. But we do occasionally have a one-night space, and we're pleased to fill them - so if you need just one night, do please give us a call to check availability, because single-night availability may not be shown online.
Please note that Easter and Spring Bank Holiday weekends are priced in line with the peak Summer period.
Double or Twin Room:
Autumn 2016: £110
Winter 2016: £110
Spring 2017: £110
Summer 2017: £125
Autumn 2017: £110
Winter 2017: £110
Seasons dates are shown down below
Single Occupancy of a Double Room:
Autumn 2016: £90 (including seasonal single supplement)
Winter 2016: Our standard Single B&B rate - £65
Spring 2017: £90 (including seasonal single supplement)
Summer 2017 £125 (Single-occupancy of a double room during the premium summer season is the full room rate.)
Autumn 2017: £90 (including seasonal single supplement)
Winter 2017: Our standard Single B&B rate - £65
Seasons dates are shown down below
Autumn 2016: 30 Sept - 29 Oct
Winter 2016: 30 Oct - 23 Feb 2017
Spring 2017: 24 Feb - 11 May
Summer 2017: 12 May - 30 Sept
Autumn 2017: 1 Oct - 28 Oct
Winter 2017: 29 Oct - 24 Feb 2018
You can of course book online at these same preferential prices, if you prefer.
Here's a currency converter to check those fluctuating exchange rates.
Call us now on 01665 720456 to book...
If you should get our answering machine, please leave your name and number; we promise to call you back as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call us - Jeff and Jill Sutheran - on 01665 720456
Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions, which are available to read and download here.
Below is a summary of our cancellation policy - which is terrribly unimportant unless something unforeseen befalls you. We strongly recommend You consider insuring against the possibility of cancellation.
We are a small business, so cancellations can have a big impact on us, especially if we have turned away potential guests in favour of someone who has already booked and who then cancels. We do, however, appreciate that unforeseen circumstances can intervene, and we try to be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases.
Your booking deposit is nominally 'non-refundable' - but we will always do our best to accommodate your needs should they change, and if we can re-let your room and give it back to you, then we will be pleased to do so. We have very rarely needed to apply the 'non-refundable' clause. If you need to cancel, we will always do our very best to re-let your room.
If you cancel more than two weeks before your intended check-in date, then your booking deposit will be retained (but if we can re-let your room, we will give it back minus an admin fee of £30.)
If you cancel at any time within two weeks of your intended check-in date, you will be required to pay for any nights which have not been re-let.
If You fail to arrive at St Cuthbert’s House to take up Your booked accommodation (‘no-show’) then you will remain liable for the total cost of Your booking.
Fair enough, don't you think?