- 'Take Some Home' - buy some local produce, or local beers from our bar, as a gift perhaps.
- Visit as many of our great local attractions, shops and restaurants as you can!
- If you have a hobby or a passion - art, photography or wildlife for example - then see how you could spend a little to support those who are engaged in that activity locally.
- Leave your car in the car-park for a day. Take the bus, or stay local, or perhaps explore our no-car day suggestions...
- Re-use your towels if they don't need replacing - which cuts down on electricity and water usage, and keeps a little more detergent out of the drainage system. If you leave your towels in the bath or shower tray, we'll change them - but if you leave them on the towel rail, that's your way of saying 'I'll use these again'. Obviously, re-using your towels saves us money - and we're glad to be able to give that money, and more, to our local good causes.
- If you’re going out, then turn off all lights, and turn the thermostatic radiator valves down low.
- If your room gets too warm, turn the thermostatic valve down, rather than opening a window.
- Recycle! Every room has a bin, and if you leave newspapers and other recyclable materials in or near it, we'll put it in our blue bin.
We all have busy lives to lead, but we're always on the lookout for little things which can make a big difference when we apply them collectively. If you have any great ideas, or you see something we could do better, we'd love to hear about it.