We are regularly asked; "which is the best room?" - but in truth there isn't a clear answer! They're all beautiful, they're all the same size (give or take a few inches), and they all have really high-quality facilities and fittings. So our most truthful answer is - it really doesn't matter!
Browse the rooms from the Rest menu above, to explore them all.
However, there are a few variables which just might lead you one way or another:
- whether you need a Double room with 6' SuperKing-sized bed or a Twin room with 3' singles;
- whether you prefer a bathroom with a bath and shower over, or one with a large, luxurious shower enclosure;
- whether you need to be on the ground floor so as to avoid climbing any stairs, or to have the level-access 'wet-room' bathroom.
We promise to do our very best to accommodate your request for a particular room if you have a preference, but we can't absolutely guarantee you a specific room. We have just six rooms, and sometimes it's simply impossible to accommodate every combination of room and date requests. However, we'll always confirm it for you if you have a specific need (eg for a ground-floor room), and we'll always ensure you get the bed configuration you require!
On the first floor, Double or Twin rooms with bath and shower:
Brigid | Hild |
The Aidan, Columba, Brigid and Hild rooms are accessed from a spectacular upstairs landing with the 'pulpit' viewing gallery.
On the ground floor, Double or Twin room with bath and shower:
On the ground floor, Double or Twin room with wet-room:
Both the Bede and Oswald rooms have level access from the car park and throughout all communal areas of the house. Bede is particularly attractive to less mobile guests, as the bathrom is a large and comfortable ensuite 'wetroom', which does not involve climbing into a bath or shower cubicle. It's as beautiful as all of the other bathrooms.
You're also welcome to relax in the Cuthbert Room, and this is where you'll take breakfast, too. Read on for more information about the bedrooms...
Each bedroom is beautifully decorated and luxuriously equipped, with attention to all the fine detail to ensure that you'll enjoy a relaxing stay and a great night's sleep. All rooms have gorgeous ensuite bathrooms.
Each room has:
- a beautiful and luxurious ensuite bathroom; all bathrooms have heated towel rail, plenty of soft, white fluffy towels (enormous bath sheets, hand towels, facecloths and bathmat), and a lovely range of environmentally-friendly and luxurious Gilchrist & Soames toiletries;
- beautiful soft dressing gowns, and slippers;
- large double-glazed opening sash window providing lots of natural light;
- an extremely comfortable pocket-sprung bed (6' wide SuperKing, or 3' Twin configuration) made up with beautiful, crisp Egyptian Cotton sheets and gorgeous duvets (we can provide blankets if you prefer) and king-sized pillows;
- 32" flatscreen HD TV with Freeview digital channels, and integrated DVD player;
- digital radio alarm with CD player;
- free internet access, available via network ports or wirelessly, in all areas of the house. Information about our wifi provision is here.
- make-up mirror and salon-quality hairdryer, and full length mirror;
- plenty of drawers and wardrobe space, with heavy wooden hangers;
- iron and ironing board;
- luggage stand;
- Nespresso coffee machine, with a supply of Grand Crus coffees;
- kettle and drinks tray with fairtrade tea and coffee, hot chocolate and fruit teas - fresh milk is also available from the guests' fridge;
- good quality solid wooden furniture - hand made in a joiner's shop in England.